[Koha] changes to marc structure and authorities

Henri-Damien LAURENT laurenthdl at alinto.com
Wed Jun 21 21:22:10 NZST 2006

Georgia Katsarou a écrit :
> Hello! I am an new Koha user and I have some questions just to be sure
> that I won't destroy anything.
> We have passed nearly 4000 titles to Koha but the marc structure is
> not right and we have not made the settings for the authorities from
> the beginning. If we make all the necessary changes and fix the
> authorities now we are going to cause any damage to the records that
> already exist in the system?
AFAIK, no.
But you will have no automatic links with authorities, unless you
rebuild authorities with the marc data you have using
build_authorities.pl in misc (which you should change to stick to your
data), or I am misunderstanding your question.
> Moreover I was wondering if we can somehow change the interface of the
> OPAC or find more themes. We are an academic library and sometimes we
> have 65 copies of the same textbook. When we make a search on the
> certain title at the OPAC, at the "Available at" column it shows the
> location of each copy making huge lists since we talk about 65 copies.
> We do not have any branches and we named our library "Main" so there
> is no reason for the opac to show that we have 65 copies in the "Main".
Done in cvs rel_2_2 version.
HTH.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT