[Koha] New Install

Christopher Borkowski cborkowski at guggenheim.org
Tue May 16 01:49:22 NZST 2006

I've managed to work this issue out. Thanks for your help.
The solution was to have a FULLY QUALIFED DOMAIN NAME for your virtual host
in you koha-httpd.conf file.
I was using an abbreviated host name in hopes of our windows domain
controllers resolving the name, in most cases this works out fine but not
with the koha virtual host include to apache.

For example I can set up most serves behind our firewall by creating a DNS
record on the DC and in the host configiuration with the host name set to:
example
And it will resolve out to:  example.domain.org.

For some reason koha and debian/apache seems to prefer the fully qualified
domain name in the koha-httpd.conf file .

Thanks again for your help.

Best
Chris Borkowski
Guggenheim Museum