[Koha] Add Authorised values manually - problems

Henri-Damien LAURENT laurenthdl at alinto.com
Fri Apr 28 00:20:38 NZST 2006

Cátia Neto a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I´ve been setting bibliographic data parameters...and i really don´t
> know why, but I can’t enter authorized values manually.
>
> In the user guide by Stephen Hedges and Joshua Ferraro it says: “Now
> when the catalogers are adding a record, they will see three dots
> (...) after the textbox of the 700a subfield. Clicking on these dots
> will open a pop-up window allowing the cataloger to search your
> authority records for a standardized version of the author's name. If
> the desired name is found in your authority records, it can be
> automatically copied into the 700a subfield. *(If the desired name is
> not found, the cataloger can enter the name manually.)*”
>
> When I click in the three dots, I can do the search…nothing appears
> because I don´t have any values introduced. What I have to do to
> introduce them manually? What does the button “clear”?

You must have linked the subfield with an authority.
To add a new authority, you have to go to Module Authority and then
select the authority type you need and click on create new authority.
All you have to do is fill in the Main entry.
And then in Catalogue, you can search and select the value you added.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT