[Koha] installation finished but koha does not appear on my browser

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Apr 21 23:47:08 NZST 2006

Stefan Gesing <taoiste at gmx.net>
> and i tried to simply open the mainpage.pl files directly with mozilla.
> Mozilla then asks me which program it should use to open the .pl file...
[...]
> I use debian 3.1 sarge, [...]

I can't remember whether it's the case on sarge, but some debian
apache2 packages did not enable CGI by default. Check for
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/cgi.conf and cgi.load
Another possibility is a suExec problem: check the main
/var/log/apache*/error.log after a restart to see if you're
using suexec.

The Mozilla asking what to open .pl with means that Apache is
not running the CGI script for some reason. (I guess we should
not keep .pl under DocumentRoot in general, but it was useful
sometimes.) Find that reason and you can fix your koha.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask