[Koha] z3950 working well, thanks

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Tue Mar 28 06:04:30 NZST 2006

Marty Jongepier wrote:
> Only one thing; I still have to start it manually. Is it supposed to start
> when Koha starts, or when you start a search?

No, you need to start it manually -- it's a daemon that runs in the
background.  Depending on your operating system, you could also set it to
automatically start whenever you start your server.  Since your Z39.50 is
working, I'm assuming you are using some sort of Linux, in which case you
should be able to add the Z39.50 daemon launch to your init.d directory.

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA
www.skemotah.com  --  shedges at skemotah.com