[Koha] New to KOHA

Abdul Rasheed raorasheed at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 6 01:01:22 NZDT 2006

Hi

  I am thinking to implement  KOHA and have created few records, but when I tried to search them in OPAC they are not showing up there.I have also tried to seach them through main catalogue seach using all options, but it just display Summary, Location, etc but no information under those headings. I didn't make any change to MARC parameters is that is one of the reason.

  I am looking forward to hear from you.

  Abdul

"Steven F.Baljkas" <baljkas at mts.net> wrote:
  Wednesday, March 1, 2006 02:11 CST

Hi, Brooke,

Just one quick comment ...

> From: "BWS Johnson"
> Date: 2006/02/28 Tue PM 07:08:46 CST
> Subject: Re: [Koha] New to KOHA
>
> Salve!
>>
> > Also, I don't know that you need to have an easy MARC record per se:
> > [snip] ...
>
> I'd agree that it's better to have too many MARC tags visible than too
> few. The neat thing about the harrowing setup of the parameters is that
> you may select which tag shows where. When I set up my tags, I put the
> absolutely crucial stuff on the first tab. If my clerks never made it to
> the next tab, no big deal :)

What a incredibly simple and brilliant idea! You rock!

There's something that Joshua et al. could consider implementing into the core distribution during the Zebra re-engineering. That way, folks unsure of MARC wouldn't be overwhelmed by it and MARC structures/compliancy not undermined by fears of the new and strange!

Cheers for Brooke everyone! :-D

Vale!

Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large