[Koha] I can connect to Koha locally, but not from another machine

Martin Woolley sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Mon Feb 27 21:16:10 NZDT 2006

On Saturday 25 Feb 2006 05:00, Craig Andersen wrote:
> I can connect and use Koha locally, either by using http://machinename or
> by http://127.0.0.1 and it works fine.
>
> If I try to connect to it using http:/IPaddress or http://machine name from
> another machine I get following error:
>
> NOT FOUND the requested URL/ was not found on this server.
>
> I checked the Apache error log which showed:
>
> [error] [client ipaddress] file does not exist /htdocs
>
> If I type the ip address into the browser on the server, rather than
> http://127.0.0.1 I get the Not Found error.
>
> I'm at a loss.  When I first installed Koha I'm pretty sure that I was able
> to connect to it from another machine, but now when I'm ready to start
> testing some things out, it seems to get lost after connecting to the
> apache server.
>
> I'm using Firebox to connect.  Same thing happens with IE.  The server is
> running Debian Sarge and apache2.

You have an error in your apache config, but from your description I can't
tell what it is.  This url http://www.openhgs.org.uk/it.cgi/koha shows how I
fixed a similar problem on our koha box (scroll down to 24/11/2005)

--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation