[Koha-win32] Re: [Koha] Tag 880

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Sat Feb 25 08:54:50 NZDT 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 11:20:49PM -0600, Steven F. Baljkas wrote:
> Moreover, even if you still want to do so, Carol, Koha doesn't --
> that is, at present, it CAN'T -- make use of the required $6 linking
> subfield.*** I can't see how you would overcome that barrier without a
> heavy investment in programming.
Actually, Koha CAN make use of the $6 linking subfield in tag 880. It
requires no programming, just about a minute of time setting up the
framework. See here:
http://koha.liblime.com/cgi-bin/koha/acqui.simple/addbiblio.pl

(tab 4)

To set up 880 $6 in your Koha system do the following:

Go the the Koha administration page:

/cgi-bin/koha/admin-home.pl

Click on 'Biblio framework'
Click on 'MARC structure' for the 'default framework'
at the bottom of the page, click on 'Add New MARC Tag'
Type in the number (880), Label for intranet and OPAC (ALTERNATE GRAPHIC REPRESENTATION), click on 'Repeatable' since 880 is repeatable.
Click on 'Save Changes.

Now you've added tag 880 and you can add $6.

>From the list, click on 'view subfields' for tag 880
Click on 'Edit Subfields'
put '6' in the Subfield and change 'managed in tab' to '4'.
Click on Save Changes.

That's it, you're done!

BTW: Steven, this is another example of you framing something in terms
of what Koha is capable of doing, when in fact, it's merely a matter
of not RTFM.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE