[Koha] Otamarakau School Library

Martin Woolley sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Thu Feb 23 01:27:04 NZDT 2006

On Wednesday 22 Feb 2006 09:28, Chris Cormack wrote:

> This needs to be kid friendly, as I would like to get the student using the
> library as an information resource, rather than just a place where they
> have to go once a week to get a book. Also firstly, I'm a Mum, and do the
> library 3 hours a week, so IT knowledge is limited, and time.

The Koha software is user friendly and quite easy to use.  The online catalog
is either a very good or a very bad resource, depending on how much data has
been entered into the system.  I see you main problem will be installing and
configuring the pre-reqs.  You could have quite a steep learning curve with
Apache and MySQL, not to mention Linux if you decide to go that route (which
I personally would recommend).
--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation