[Koha] Item Call Number

Anousak Souphavanh anousak at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 20:19:32 NZDT 2006

Hello all,

First of all, I must say I am newbie for Koha. My team and I would like to
pursue translating but could not find information under Koha webiste on
where to start. We want to translate the koha to Lao language. What are
modules that we can translate and which tools that can be used for
transalting strings?

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Anousak

On 2/3/06, Amzari Abu Bakar <amzari79 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yup, I'm from KL, Malaysia. Are you from Malaysia too?
> If so, it is good. It is hard to find someone working
> on Koha here. I have 2-3 friends working on Koha too.
> They are all in different expertise. i.e: Linux,
> Server/Hardware, Networking, and Databases. But
> currently lack of Perl programmer and person who can
> figure out Koha Cataloging Modules.
>
> Currently, I am planning to setup Koha for several
> School and Special Libraries in Malaysia. As for now,
> in Malaysia, there are lack of library system within
> budget for these libraries. Actually there are some,
> but still lack of functionality and support.
>
> When I came over Koha, I got excited. I show to
> several friends, they also get excited with Koha. So ,
> we have been working on Koha for several month on part
> time basis. Figure out on How to implement Koha in
> different type of libraries, OS, Network Environement
> and etc.
>
> If you are happen to be in Malaysia, maybe we can met
> sometimes, exchanging ideas and expertise.
>
> Anyway, Thanks for the tips. I'll try, if I can figure
> out on activating my ISBD view.
>
> Amzari Abu Bakar
> FingerClick Solutions
>
> --- Elanjelian Venugopal <tamiliam at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey Amzari,
> >
> > Are you writing from Malaysia? If you are, great!
> > Recently, I set up Koha at
> > a local library at KL, and translated their OPAC
> > into Tamil.
> >
> > Anyway, coming to your question: where do you want
> > to display the call
> > number - in the ISBD (which, I believe, you have not
> > activated), or in your
> > MARC view? Either way, you have to first activate it
> > at the subfield
> > section. I did it my going directly into the MySql
> > database. Look in the
> > data subfolder.
> >
> > elan.
> >

> > On 02/02/06, Amzari Abu Bakar <amzari79 at yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Maybe this is a silly question, but I hope there
> > is
> > > somebody who can assist me.
> > >
> > > I try to catalog via Koha. Everything seems fine
> > but I
> > > didn't manage to get my call number display
> > correctly.
> > > I intend to use LC Call Number as my Local Call
> > > Number. Which Koha-MARC subfield should be link?
> > >
> > > maybe, those who are interested can check out my
> > > temporary setup koha site at
> > >
> > > http://mykoha.dyndns.org
> > >
> > > It will be online for several days, as I just host
> > it
> > > in my PC. Currently only 3 items cataloged. Try
> > search
> > > for "Linux".
> > >
> > > It will display 2 items found, and call number:
> > > QA76.76.O63 instead of QA76.76.O63 D688 2004. For
> > your
> > > information, I catalog QA76.76.O63 under tag 050a
> > and
> [...]

Anousak Souphavanh