[Koha] Item Call Number

KL Nasveschuk klnasveschuk at klnconsulting.net
Fri Feb 3 07:53:39 NZDT 2006

Hello,
I never tried the demo. I have been working with Koha for sometime but
don't have it running in a production environment. I do have every
record and copy loaded into Koha from 5 libraries at Wareham Public
Schools in Wareham, MA. That's about 41,000 records all done by
bulkmarcimport. Bulkmarcimport works very good, but for that many
records could take 5-6 hours depending on the computer they are going
to. You need to set up where things are going in advance, or some data
will be missing.

I'm not a librarian, but do have a Master's in network and database
technology. I think it's a a great piece of software, but again I'm not
a librarian. It does need to tweeked along the way to get it to do what
you want it to do, but that's the nature of Open Source.

You can take a look at my test site.

http://www.wareham.mec.edu:8000

Kent N