[Koha] Koha developers in the UK?

Martin Woolley sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Thu Jan 26 04:05:05 NZDT 2006

On Wednesday 25 Jan 2006 13:24, Ian Piper wrote:
> Title says it all - I would like to make contact with people who have
> experience in implementing and enhancing Koha, potentially to work
> with me on a Koha-based project. Preferably UK-based (developers,
> that is).

I'm in Birmingham and the school that I work at is using Koha in our library.
It's early days yet (the library staff are busily keying in the books).  I've
been asked by them to mod Koha wrt barcode generation, which I'm in the
process of doing.  I am no expert when it comes to Koha; I managed to install
it without any grief but I lack knowledge in the product.

I am an experienced Unix script writer, so coding isn't a problem.  The main
issue is a distinct lack of time - I am always very busy sorting out IT
problems around the school (eg today I fixed a CNC lathe - basically if
something has a computer attached I'm supposed to know about it). I'd like to
be involved and if deadlines aren't an issue I can possibly help out.

--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation