[Koha] Re: Koha Installation

Amzari Abu Bakar amzari79 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 16:30:21 NZDT 2006

At first, I have trouble with configuring my
koha-httpd.conf as my apache won't start. What I have
done is, I have uninstall Apache ver 1.3.33 and
reinstall apache ver 2.0.54. It seem to work for me,
both in debian sarge and fedora core 4. I haven't
tried on mandrive yet. I'd just include the following
lines in httpd.conf*

include etc/koha-httpd.conf
Listen 80
Listen 8080

if still not working, comment the error log lines in
koha-httpd.conf

#   ErrorLog /usr/local/koha/log/opac-error_log
#   TransferLog /usr/local/koha/log/opac-access_log

You also have to set your virtual host properly. In my
case, I use IP address for my testing server, as I
didn't use DNS server.

Here are the example of virtualhost configuration in
koha-httpd.conf

NameVirtualHost 192.168.229.128:80
NameVirtualHost 192.168.229.128:8080

# KOHA's OPAC Configuration
<VirtualHost 192.168.229.128:80>
   ServerAdmin amzari79 at yahoo.com
   DocumentRoot /usr/local/koha/opac/htdocs
   ServerName 192.168.229.128
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/
/usr/local/koha/opac/cgi-bin/
   Redirect permanent index.html
http://192.168.229.128:80:80/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl
   ErrorLog /usr/local/koha/log/opac-error_log
   TransferLog /usr/local/koha/log/opac-access_log
   SetEnv PERL5LIB "/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules"
   SetEnv KOHA_CONF "/etc/koha.conf"

</VirtualHost>

# KOHA's INTRANET Configuration
<VirtualHost 192.168.229.128:8080>
   ServerAdmin amzari79 at yahoo.com
   DocumentRoot /usr/local/koha/intranet/htdocs
   ServerName 192.168.229.128
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/
"/usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/"
   Redirect permanent index.html
http://192.168.229.128:8080/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl
   ErrorLog /usr/local/koha/log/koha-error_log
   TransferLog /usr/local/koha/log/koha-access_log
   SetEnv PERL5LIB "/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules"
   SetEnv KOHA_CONF "/etc/koha.conf"

</VirtualHost>

where 192.168.229.128 is local IP, it can be
substituted with Local IP or Public IP or Name Server.

*Note: Some of newer Apache version, use apache.conf
files instead of httpd.conf.

Hope this info can assist you.