[Koha] Something new with bulkmarcimport.pl

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Sun Jan 8 01:47:23 NZDT 2006

Cindy Murdock said:
> I get almost the same thing when running bulkmarcimport:
>
> DBD::mysql::db do failed: Access denied for user: 'kohaadmin at localhost'
> to database 'Koha' at /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Biblio.pm line
> 333.
> DBD::mysql::db do failed: Access denied for user: 'kohaadmin at localhost'
> to database 'Koha' at /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Biblio.pm line
> 382.
>
> This is with 2.2.4.

Well, I have a partial answer to this problem, but am not smart enough to
figure it all out.

The lines that are throwing the error perform a "lock" on the MySQL tables
so bulkmarcimport can have exclusive access while loading the records.
Apparently, the username that gets passed from the script to the module
does not have lock priviliges.  The result is that MySQL throws an error
that get's reported (as above), the records get loaded anyway, and if you
have exclusive access to the Koha server, there won't be any MySQL
conflicts with other users.

I'll submit this to kohabugs (possibly related to bug 1002).

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA
www.skemotah.com  --  shedges at skemotah.com