[Koha] LDAP authentication

KL Nasveschuk klnasveschuk at klnconsulting.net
Wed Dec 21 01:38:48 NZDT 2005

Hi,
I think on an earlier post you said there was a developers list server.
I haven't looked for it but would like to join and see if I can find an
answer to the LDAP "use strict" problem.

I did join the perl-Net::LDAP list server. I'm going to ask the question
there to see if I can get a clue.

I haven't done anything else to fix the LDAP problem. It runs fine if I
go through the scripts and comment out "use strict;". I'm trying to
match what entries that Koha uses in the borrowers table with attributes
in LDAP that would be used to populate those fields. We don't normally
populate all attributes in LDAP that would be used in Koha so there are
some choices to be made and further configuration that has to be decided
on.

This project is coming along, however. I've migrated 41,000 records from
Follett that runs on Netware to Koha on Fedora Core 4. Since we are
using LDAP for authentication, we have 2500 users in LDAP that could in
theory, be able to check out books. This is still a test bed and not the
production system. I've dumped and reloaded the database many times as I
learn more about how this works.

I'll let you and the community know if I find an answer to the LDAP
problem.

Kent N.