[Koha] Re: Repeatability of subfield

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Dec 19 22:08:04 NZDT 2005

Carol Ku a écrit :
> Hi Paul:
> My question about repeatability of subfield is as such:
>
> I would like to repeat just one subfield e.g. a to be repeated under
> e.g. tag 650.
>
> I think the responses I get from Stephen and Thomas are that Koha cannot
> repeat just one subfield under a tag.  Stephen said that he is using an
> external catagloging software, then import the records to Koha.
>
> Is it what we need to do if we need to enter records with repeated
> subfields?

Of course you can ! Koha MARC editor can't do every MARC tricks, but it
can do at least some.

Just type | in the subfield when you want to create separate subfields.
For example :
computer|logic in 650$a will create
650$acomputer$alogic

HTH.

PS : yes, this feature is probably under-documented.

--
Paul POULAIN