[Koha] LDAP authentication

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Dec 14 05:22:15 NZDT 2005

mourik jan c heupink a écrit :
> Dear Kent and list,
>
>>I'm using OpenLDAP 2.2.29 on Fedora Core 4.
>>

> I'm on SuSE Linux Enterprise server 9, with OpenLDAP 2.2.24
>
>>>And a question to Paul Poulain: which ldap server are you using? I'm on
>>>openldap, and things don't work... Koha says the users's password is
>>>wrong, where I am pretty sure that it *IS* the right password.
>>>

>>Password encryption is where I think Auth.pm falls down. This entry
>>
>>These are all the same password. The SMD5,MD5 doesn't work in Koha the
>>bottom one does. The bottom password was uploaded to LDAP using
>>ldapmodify, as clear text. OpenLDAP must have a default method for
>>encryption.
>>
>>I, (we) have to figure a way for the code to try other methods. I'm not
>>very well versed in Perl and will have to seek help to get this to
>>work.

I'm quite good in Perl, but a dummy in LDAP.
I just can say that Auth_with_ldap.pm works for sure in Ecole des Mines
de Nantes, as i've set it up with the code I've commited.
I think, but am not sure, that it's LDAP too, on Solaris.

I don't know the structure of the directory, I just used the query the
system admin gave me.

Sorry, but you'll have to investigate...
--
Paul POULAIN