[Koha] z39.50 errors

Thomas D koha at alinto.com
Wed Nov 30 16:23:15 NZDT 2005

PROBLEMATIC CHANGES IN CVS

Did you upgrade your installation over CVS?  There may be problems with
Z3950/search.pl in CVS head.  Do not use a version of that file more recent
than the current version of Koha unless you know independently that it works
well.

Z3950/SEARCH.PL CORRECTION

If you have Kohas version 2.2.4, there is a small correction for
z3950/search.pl that may help.

What do you find in line 103 for
/usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/z3950/search.pl or wherever you put
z3950/search.pl?

Line 103 should not be as follows:

refresh => ($numberpending eq 0 ? 0 :"search.pl?bibid=$bibid&random=$random")

If you find that,with an '0' after the '?' change it to the following:

refresh => ($numberpending eq 0 ? "" :"search.pl?bibid=$bibid&random=$random")

Now you should have empty quotes '""' instead of '0'.

ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES AND Z39.50 DAEMON LAUNCH

The Z39.50 daemon should not be launched from the C shell or direct derivatives.

Did you set the environment variables for PERL5LIB and KOHA_CONF with the
correct values for your Koha installation before running
/usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/z3950daemon/z3950-daemon-launch.sh?

The correct PERL5LIB and KOHA_CONF values for your Koha installation were
originally recorded in /etc/koha.conf from the Koha install script.  The
environment variables may be set at run time or as part of the command that
launches the daemon shell, or set previously from the command line or
configuration file for your shell.  If set previously, you should confirm
that they are running for the user initiating the command to run
z39.50-daemon-launch.sh.

TRIAL SUGGESTION

Try a new search for a different title than what you searched for before.
Be certain that the new title appears in the log or process queue.

Thomas D

Quoting William Macfarlane <wmacfarl at gmail.com> :