[Koha] [Fwd: Koha and fedora 4?]

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Tue Sep 6 00:09:44 NZST 2005

Subject: Koha and fedora 4?
From:    "Michael J Ives" <mives at mikeives.com>
Date:    Mon, September 5, 2005 12:54 am
To:      shedges at skemotah.com

I followed your document "Installing Koha 2.0.0 on Redhat Enterprise Linux
AS 3"  BUT I used fedora 4 and the latest version of Koha. The mysql
updated to 4.1 I chose the latest versions of libyaz. I had no problems
until I ran the installer.pl file. At the point where it asked for the
mysql root password, I received an error that the root user could not
connect. I downloaded the myswl-administrator file and could connect using
the gui to mysql using the password assigned to root by the mysqladmin
command. I went thru the reset password procedure and still received the
same error from the installer.pl file. Is this a known bug? If so, is
there a fix?

Michael Ives