[Koha] MySQL/possible Perl trickery? Hints required...

Roger Horne roger at hrothgar.co.uk
Wed Feb 9 07:48:17 NZDT 2005

On Tue 08 Feb, adam wrote:
> 'afternoon all
>
> I have a niggling problem with Koha installation.
>
> The environment:
>   MacOS 10.3.7, MySQL 4.0.22-max, perl 5.8.1-RC3. Installer is run as
> root, with root MySQL access.

This may be related to the problem I was having. After a lot of trial and
error I discovered that Mysql seems not to work properly if it is run from
the linux root account.

ie if I log onto the mysql root account from my linux root account and then
try grant to all on rubbish.* to 'roger'@'localhost' identified by 'horne'
(as suggested in the MYSQL Cookbook) mysql responds "OK". If I then quit and
log on using mysql -phorne -uroger Mysql is happy and lets me do so. If
however I then try from that account to create database rubbish; it tells me
that it cannot create the database. Using mysqladmin has exactly the same
result.

Roger
--
Roger Horne, 11 New Square, Lincoln's Inn, London WC2A 3QB
mailto:roger at hrothgar.co.uk