[Koha] I can not find a field to stores language of books in Koha database-new.

Albert P. Calame albert.p.calame at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 25 14:33:27 NZDT 2005

Hi Zhang!

    If you are storing your records in koha using the MARC structure, there
is a field 041 which is specifically used to store the information about the
language a book is writen in. It contains codes. The sources of the codes
are: MARC Code List for Languages or other code lists such as ISO 639-1
(Codes for the representation of names of languages - Part 1 : alpha-2
code). These lists contain codes for virtually every known language.
    I hope this helps.

Al Calame
Librarian-at-Large
Library Automation Consultant