[Koha] mysql 3.x problems

Jared Jennings jjenning at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 14:46:29 NZDT 2005

(garthus i forwarded this to the list for the benefit of future
archive searchers)

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:02:46 -0500, Gerry Arthus <garthus at lilrc.org> wrote:
> What does this mean,
>
> unknown column lock_tables_priv in 'field list'
>
> I get this message when trying to install the latest r5 version of koha
> in a Debian environment. It does not allow the database to be installed.

lock_tables_priv is a column in one of the tables that has to do with
access control. These tables (host, user, db, etc.) are part of the
'mysql' database.

The lock_tables_priv field is not found in versions of MySQL prior to
4.0.2. The current stable version of MySQL is 4.1.8. Debian's stable
distribution has 3.23.49 in it. To use a newer version while keeping
debian stable on your system, see

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-apt-get
sections 3.8, 3.9 and 3.10, or google "pinning debian" or some such.

You might be able to ignore this error if it doesn't cause the updater
to die, or remove the reference to lock_tables_priv in the updater
script; but mysql 4.x is good to have anyway.