[Koha] printing circulation slips

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Fri Dec 17 08:29:54 NZDT 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 12:25:35PM +0100, Martin Longo said:
> Hi there all!
>
> I need some guidance about printing circulation slips with Koha...
>
> Id need Koha to print a slip every time an item is issued... and, more
> important for our borrowers, every time an item is returned...
>
> Is there anybody printing such slips?

Yep there is, HLT do it.

> How must I configure my Koha server so the clients could choose a
> printer locally connected to them?

Right, by clients you mean librarians? Im assuming so, and my answers below
will take into account that assumption.

> I've already created one default Printer (lpr) and turned on printing on
> system preferences....
>
> and now... what?

For 1.2.x Koha, and I hope this is still the case for 2.0.x and 2.2.x but I
havent fully checked.
You can set up as many printers as you like. For example at HLT we have
 select * from printers;
 +----------------+------------+-----------+
 | printername    | printqueue | printtype |
 +----------------+------------+-----------+
 | Shannon Issues | shanlp     | docket    |
 | Levin Issues   | leviss     | docket    |
 | Levin Returns  | levret     | docket    |
 | Foxton Issue   | foxlp      | docket    |
 | No Printer     | nulllp     |           |
 | Laser Printer  | lp         |           |

Now for 1.2 when you go to issue or return items you get to set the branch
and printer you are issuing/returning from/to. Koha then prints slips to
that printer.

Eg if I set my printer to Levin Issues, then koha is going to use the leviss
printqueue to send stuff to be printed.

I will eyeball the code in 2.2 and make sure printing still works.

Chris
027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz