[Koha] Obtaining MARC21 records

Steven F. Baljkas baljkas at mb.sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 12 16:32:08 NZDT 2004

Saturday, December 11, 2004    21:27 CST

Hi, Harry,

Just finished forwarding the info to Christopher, but I thought I should let
you know that part of the solution has already been achieved.

John Voth offered the listserv his tools back in 2003.

You can check them out at URL http://www.voth.ca/bib.php

I've copied his note to Joshua below as it gives an indication of the
broader discussions that were underway. I don't know what progress has been
made since.

Cheers,

Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large,
Koha neophyte
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

message to Koha listserv October 6,
2003=================================================

Howdy Y'All,

Joshua, take a look at my bibliotools here: http://www.voth.ca/bib.php.
I've already created the LoC MARC fetch tool. I've successfully
retrieved about 4000 MARC records in about 40 minutes.

I've also got an EAN to ISBN conversion program there.

John

 > Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 16:17:21 -0400
 > From: Joshua Ferraro <jferraro at alma.athenscounty.lib.oh.us>
 > To: Erik Peterson <reefdude at email.com>
 > Cc: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
 > Subject: Re: [Koha] Bulk loads of MARC records
 >
> > Is there a best way to add books w/o having to type in all the data?
> > I thinking getting creating a list of ISBNs, turning this into MARC
records,
> > and then uploading.
 > sounds sensible
> >
> > Is the a best way to generate MARC records from a list of ISBNs?
 > I don't know about "best", but I've been working on a Perl script
that > reads a list of isbns from a file, fetches the MARC records from LOC

=======