[Koha] z3950 and marc_breeding

Marco Vaninetti martizva at libero.it
Sat Dec 4 11:20:07 NZDT 2004

Alle 16:07, venerdì 3 dicembre 2004, hai scritto:
> Marco Vaninetti a écrit :
> Ok for your encoding.
> But are your biblio marc structure also in UNIMARC (= means you have all
> labels in french)
Ciao Paul,
Yes, in Italy the standard is UNIMARC, so we choosed the UNIMARC setting and
the labels are in french.

We have found our problem, but we don't understand many things:
In the processz3950queue script between the lines 285-294, if you have the
UNIMARC selected, the program use the render() function of the package
Net::Z3950::Record::UNIMARC that we found in the file
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4/Net/Z3950/Record.pm.
But the render() function for UNIMARC in that package is void!!

If we change the UNIMARC sub render()  code whith the code of the USMARC sub
rawdata() :

my $this = shift();
return $$this;

all seems to work. We have the record imported with ISBN, Title, Author and
many other things in the right place (so the records we are retrieving are
UNIMARC). Only we have some problems with some fields that are not well
recognized (it seems to me that some fiels are merged with some |||||)

The question is:
How can the z3950queue script  work for you without the change we have made?
Which kind of settings could be wrong in our configuration?
Are you using another Record.pm?

THANKS for your help
Marco Vaninetti