[Koha] Getting records from breeding farm into the catalog enmasse.

pierre pierre biomyth at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 08:43:02 NZDT 2004

Dear Joshua,

Thanks for your help. Indeed after a little
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Time::HiRes"'
(to avoid the “Can't locate Time/HiRes.pm in @INC”
message) the sript starts its process.

But then I have a similar error message to the one
Mike has:
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Access denied for user
'kohaadmin'@'localhost' to database 'Koha' at
/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Biblio.pm line
330.

With MySQL Query Browser I do not have any problem to
connect with the kohaadmin user using the password I
defined during the installation of Koha.

Well, I'll try to have a look at the script to
understand what it does.

Thanks again,

Pierre

--- Joshua Ferraro <jmf at kados.org> wrote:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> Try running:
> [root at koha misc]# perl -I /path/to/modules
> bulkmarcimport.pl -file ...etc
>
> where /path/to/modules is the path to your Koha
> modules directory--probably
> /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules (the directory with
> the C4 directory in it).
>
> Let us know if it doesn't work.  Good luck!
>
> Joshua
>
> On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 10:02:13AM -0800, pierre
> pierre wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I am trying as well to import the data kindly
> offered
> > by David Bigwood.
> > I would like to keep on evaluating koha before
> > migrating my data from CDS/ISIS.
> >
> > Unfortunately I have the following message:
> >
> > [root at koha misc]# pwd
> > /usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/misc
> > [root at koha misc]# ./bulkmarcimport.pl -file
> > /root/lpi.mrc -n 1
> > Can't locate C4/Context.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> > /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
> > /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0

/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
> > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0
> > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl

/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
> > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0
> > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl
> > /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
> > /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 .) at ./bulkmarcimport.pl
> line
> > 10.
> > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> > ./bulkmarcimport.pl line 10.
> >
> > I am new to PERL, so it's certainly a very basic
> > trouble. I guess I miss a couple of libraries
> because
> > the INC variable is not properly defined. But the
> > question is: how can I define it properly?
> >
> > Thanks for any advice.
> >
> > Pierre

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com