[Koha] Getting records from breeding farm into the catalog en masse.

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Fri Nov 5 16:35:13 NZDT 2004

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 02:30:07PM +1100, Michael Lake said:
> If I search for this in 'Add biblio' up comes the book on 'The scanning
> electron microscope' in the breeding farm. I can add it and it shows the
> marc fields, which I can edit, before adding it to the catalog.
>
> But how do I get the thousands of entries from the breeding farm into
> the catalog?

Hi ya

The short answer is you dont :)
The breeding farm (which is soon to be renamed though I forget to what) is a
place that stores catalog records for you to use when cataloguing.

It sounds to me like you want to do a bulk population of your catalogue, to
do this, the bulkmarcimport.pl script should be used. It lives in the misc/
directory.

The idea with the breeding farm is you can populate it with marc data and as
you acquisition new items, you can use the data in the breeding farm as a
starting point.
Its not a way to quickly populate a catalogue.

I hope this is some help

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz