[Koha] Re: KOHA - Help Please With Installing 2.0

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Thu Nov 4 20:46:57 NZDT 2004

Dear Angrosh,

I have forwarded your message to the Koha mailing list - there are many
skilled Linux people there - unfortunatly I'm not one of them.

Let me know if you don't get help from anyone and I'll try and find
someone specifically to help you.

If you would like to join the Koha mailing list you are most welcome,
and people there can give you a lot of help

Best wishes, and thankyou for choosing Koha :-)

cheers
Rachel

Angrosh wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I am verymuch impressed by KOHA and I am interested in using KOHA and
> automate our library. For this reason, I have installed Linux Redhat and
> changed my working environment.
>
> I tried to install Koha 2.0.0 on Redhat Enterprise Linux AS 3.
>
> I carried out the following steps:
>
> *_Installing MySQL Server_*
>
> I downloaded mysql-server-3.23.58-1.386.rpm. Installed in TEMP directory
>
> When is executed the following command:
>
> [root at localhost tmp]# rpm -i mysql-server-3.23.58-1.386.rpm., I am
> getting the following:
>
> Warning: mysql-server-3.23.58-1.386.rpm. V3DSA signature: No Key, Key ID
> 025e5136
>
> Error: failed dependencies: librarysqlclient.so.10 is needed by
> mysql-server-3.23.58-1.386.rpm. mysql = 3.23.58 is needed by
> mysql-server-3.23.58-1.386.rpm.
>
> Sir, I am a layman in Linux. I am unable to solve the problem can you
> please help me out. Futher, because of the problem, I am unable to move
> forward.
>
> I request you to kinly help me out.
>
> Angrosh
> Assistant Librarian
> Indian Institute of Plantation Management
> Banaglore
> Ph. 23213515

Rachel Hamilton-Williams                Katipo Communications
MANAGING DIRECTOR                       Ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz              PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz                 New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org