[Koha] 2.0.0 release date

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at icbic.com
Wed Nov 3 06:57:00 NZDT 2004

Hi Paul,

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 11:32 +0100, Paul POULAIN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My goal here is to ask for a 2.0.0 release date.
                               ^^^^^

Err... you mean 2.2.0... ? ;-)

> The question is : how works 2.1.3 with a MARC21 installation ?

I am test running 2.1.3 at my installation (WBUT) and we are on MARC21.
So far it looks good.

I have a question, with L10N support on Koha, is there a specific reason
why the default charset defined in the meta tags is iso-8859-1 and not
utf-8?

I needed to change it to utf-8 for BN translated templates and include
files.

I did get a funny bug cropping up while testing the BN translation of
Koha. A particular vowel used as conjunct was being rendered in the
drop-down list as U+8249 unicode codepoint, whereas the data is
correctly stored in the MySQL db (v4.0.20) and displayed correctly when
viewed through phpmyadmin interface.

The bug shows up both on Konqueror 3.3.0 as well as cvs Mozilla 1.8a5. I
have checked and its not a widget rendering problem as the same vowel
conjunct is rendered perfectly when I test using a test page.

Methinks I need to look at the code *grin*

> Important question, but I don't know it's answer yet. Nelsonville or
> Katipo, did you do some tests ?

I tested MARC export, tried the reports - seems to work. More as it
comes :)

cheers,
-indra.

Indranil Das Gupta, Project Lead, CASTLE Project
[Computer Aided Studies, Teaching and Learning Environment]
In collaboration with:
West Bengal University of Technology
Calcutta, INDIA
www.wbut.net