[Koha] web sites, was: Meeting Notes

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Fri Sep 24 13:45:30 NZST 2004

> > My primary goal is to see the www.koha.org site become the

> > pre-eminantsite for all Koha related information.
>
> Please reconsider. I think this aim puts www.koha.org in
> conflict with almost all the other Koha sites. Many of them

> are trying to be the best site for their chosen type of
> information about Koha.

Making koha.org the central repository of knowledge and
information about Koha is logical and natural.  This in no way
puts it in conflict with any other site if information is
shared freely, which I assume we're all willing to do.  People
should be able to go to Koha.org first, and either find what
they need there, or find links to wherever else they need to
go.

> My site is my own.

Naturally, and the main site will have to respect whatever
kind of liscence you place on that information.  But I don't
see any reason to think that the existence of a predominant,
central koha.org should threaten any other site.

> Basically, I'll share with you if you share with me.
> At the moment, things like the koha logo are restricted
> use and most of the koha site is the default copyright
> (all rights reserved)

Katipo will have to respond to this, but my instint is to say
that this is a non-issue.  No one here wants to keep other
Koha contributors from using Koha promotional materials,
logos, etc. Did you ever ask anyone if it was forbidden to use
that information?  What was their response?

> turuloj

Care to share with the rest of the class on this one?  You've
got me.

 -- Owen