[Koha] dewey class and subclass etc

Dana Huff dana at sefovan.org
Mon Sep 20 06:13:26 NZST 2004

Stephen,
Did the display of "class" begin with a particular release? Or is there some other contingency? My OPAC search screens only show the biblioitems.dewey value and the number displays to 6 decimal places. The biblioitems.subclass field, though populated in the db, does not show up.

I have installed Koha2.0.0-W32-R0.

Is this a question for the W32 list?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Dana Huff

---------------------------

Eric, Koha puts biblioitems.classification, biblioitems.dewey, and
biblioitems.subclass together to form the "class" value displayed on
search screens.  So for instance, if you had an item with the call number:

REF
781.23
Brown

The classsification would be "REF", the dewey (which must be a number)
would be "781.23" and the subclass would be "Brown".  And search screens
would return a "class" of "REF 781.23 Brown".

Edit the data by editing the MARC tags/subfields that you have mapped to
biblioitems.classification, biblioitems.dewey, and biblioitems.subclass.

Stephen

Eric G. Salayon said:
> can anyone explain how should i fill up information in adding a new item?
> like the Dewey, Dewey sub class what is this? When we tried, we keyed in
> '005' and '133' accordingly but when c searched for the said book what we
> saw on the Dewey info was 5.133, why? what does the 'Number' indicate?
> another is the grouping, what is this for? i havent seen a entry for the
> said grouping..
> How can u edit the data that you entered? im confused while finding a way
> to do this. and also after searching for items, does the system display
> the call card no, author no etc? pls help!

Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA
www.skemotah.com  --  shedges at skemotah.com