[Koha] Re: Questions about Koha

Michael Watson thornswabbler at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 17 13:39:02 NZST 2004

The other problem with Z39.50 is that I know that some libraries consider it
very poor form to do Z39.50 "record nabbing", since they may have had to pay
for those MARC records from a source such as OCLC. I know that in the
consortium to which our library belongs, the operational rules do specify
that no member library will use Z39.50 to get catalog records without
permission from the "target" library.