[Koha] Re: Questions about Koha

Rosalie Blake rosalie at library.org.nz
Thu Sep 16 08:30:01 NZST 2004

Hello Amber
Welcome to the Koha community. I've taken the liberty of copying
your email to koha at lists.katipo.co.nz, because I know there are
people there who can give you a better answer than I can on your
specific question about transferring MARC records. My libraries are
not yet using the new version, and we don't download MARC
records, so I can't comment on that aspect, but I can tell you that we
are very happy with Koha. It meets our needs as a public library,
and it is quite flexible in terms of specific needs of school libraries. I
am sure you will find it worth further investigation.
Good Luck
Rosalie

On 14 Sep 2004, at 22:38, Amber Amland wrote:

> Dear Rosalie Blake,
>
> I'm the secondary librarian at a small international school in
> Southeast Asia that uses U.S. based curriculum.  We have a card
> catalog and would like to move to an automated library system.  I
> discovered Koha while doing some research online on library systems.
> How is it working for you?  We have about 6,500 titles in the high
> school and would like to also automate our elementary library (fewer
> titles) in the future and link it to the secondary library. Would Koha
> be a good option for us?  How is the new version working with
> downloading MARC records and using the Z39.50 search tool?  This is my
> first time automating a library system.
>
> Thank you!
> Amber Amland
> Librarian
> Mountainview ICS
> amamland at yahoo.com

Rosalie Blake
Head of Libraries, Horowhenua Library Trust