[Koha] What is the "Authorities" menu in Koha 2.1.1

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Aug 31 04:11:49 NZST 2004

Indranil Das Gupta wrote:

>Hi,
>
>What is the functionality of "the Authorities" menu in Koha 2.1.1? I
>mean how does it work?
>
>I upgraded my test install from Koha 2.0, I can still access my
>self-defined authority values from the Parameters link.
>
>But when I try to add a new authority, I'm getting an "Internal Server
>Error". The koha-error.log has the two following lines describing the
>error condition:
>
>[Mon Aug 23 21:29:10 2004] [error] [client 10.12.0.6] Can't call method "as_formatted" without a package or object reference at /var/www/html/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/authorities/authorities.pl line 163., referer: http://koha.wbut.ac.in/cgi-bin/koha/authorities/authorities-home.pl
>[Mon Aug 23 21:29:10 2004] [error] [client 10.12.0.6] Premature end of script headers: authorities.pl, referer: http://koha.wbut.ac.in/cgi-bin/koha/authorities/authorities-home.pl

It probably means that you have no authority categorie defined (in
parameters section)
To be able to use authorities, you MUST have one defined, the "empty"
category don't work (different behaviour in biblio)
It's not a bug, it's a feature : an authority must have a type to be
related to biblios.

--
Paul POULAIN