[Koha] average cost of a Koha install?

BWS Johnson mhelman at illinoisalumni.org
Tue Aug 31 03:51:10 NZST 2004

Salvete!

>What are the average costs of a Koha install? There's plenty of

That's a great question. My server was about

$650

It's way overpowered, which is the way I like it. If you want it's exact
specs, it's on the Newbie Wiki, I believe. If they aren't I can pull the
bill. The system was put together by my husband, and he handled the
setup as well. So, being generous, it took him an hour to assemble the
server, and about 2 hours to install Koha. As soon as he had handled the
Linux part of things - otherwise known as the processes I am too foggy
to do myself - I set my parameters. That took a while, because at the
time, I only had the migration documentation to help me. I'd say the
process took me the better part of the weekend. Since then, it's just
been inputting records.

>So, if anyone is happy to do so, would it be possible to grab a few
>rough numbers for things like initial installation and setup, and any
>ongoing maintenance?

We've upgraded once. It took my husband literally five minutes. We'll
say for the sake of argument that that is a billable hour. So, we've got
3 hours. The fees for on site support vary drastically.

A couple of ballpark figures might be
>handy..

I too would love some ball park numbers. If I wanted Koha to have a
function that didn't exist, how much per hour would I need to pay to
make it happen? Obviously, I would also need a rough estimate of how
many hours a project would take, but estimates for that can often be
found if one wades through the to do lists. I don't have much money for
this now, but if I found money at the end of a fiscal year, it would be
great to have a quote waiting in the wings.

Cheers,
Brooke @ Hinsdale