[Koha] Koha - Wellington users

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Mon Aug 23 18:14:32 NZST 2004

Hi Dwyllis

> Is there any library in the Wellington region using Koha?  If yes can I pay a
> visit and have a play?

There are several "Koha's" running in Wellington and they are all slightly
different so we'll try and match you to a goodie.

The MetService are running a fairly standard edition of Koha - managing books
and journals I believe.  They don't have a public OPAC, so you'd need to go in
to see them.

Local Government New Zealand are running Koha 2.0, and they are using it to
catalogue both off line materials - books and journals, and online/digital ones
like PDF's and websites.  I don't believe they use the lending facilities
although I could check that.  If you search the OPAC from outside LGNZ you only
see the online items - www.lgnz.co.nz/library

However if you search from within LGNZ you see the books too - we're doing that
based on the IP number of the browser.

We have a copy running here at Katipo - and we do issue and return books, and
we've got different branches etc set up, and you'd be more than welcome to give
it a good play here.

Look forward to hearing from you

Cheers
Rachel

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
MANAGING DIRECTOR               Ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz                 New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org