[Koha] (no subject)

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Sat Aug 21 01:03:00 NZST 2004

tazeen ansari said:
> hi
> actually we configured KOHA on our linux machine now the problem arises iz
> in its usage
> firstly i want to ask that can we integrate a scanner to our machineso
> that
> thr barcode scanning it can get the  book informaton automatically

As long as your scanner is set to act as a keyboard wedge -- in other
words, the computer takes input from the scanner just as if the numbers
had been typed in on a keyboard -- it will work just fine.  (Try it.)

> secondly i want to ask that what i should fill in the add biblio form
> under
> the  isbn field which iz further subdivided into linkage and field link
> and
> sequence number

The ISBN goes in 020a in MARC21.  010a is the LC number.

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA
www.skemotah.com  --  shedges at skemotah.com