[Koha] modifying tags

Baljkas Family baljkas at mts.net
Tue Aug 10 17:27:22 NZST 2004

Tuesday, August 10, 2004    00:22 CDT

Hi, Eric,

> From: "Eric G. Salayon" <esalayon at tip.edu.ph>
> Date: 2004/08/09 Mon PM 09:23:02 CDT
> To: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
> Subject: [Koha] modifying tags
>
> in modifying tags (MARC tag structures), what is meant by
> Repeatable, Mandatory ...

"Repeatable" means that the tag can occur more than once in a given record, as prescribed by MARC Bibliographic standards.

"Mandatory" means that the tag MUST be in the record, that it cannot be left out (although, from somethings I have been told recently, that may not be strictly true as far as Koha is concerned, it is true from the requirements of validity in MARC standards).

> and [what is meant by] Authorised value? i assumed that
> authorised value are derived from data in the system
> parameter, am i correct?

IIRC, from the default values that one specifies in Parameters.

Hope this helps a bit.

Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large
Koha neophyte