[Koha] importing, marc mapping, progress

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Aug 9 21:57:38 NZST 2004

Stephen Hedges wrote:

>BTW, notice also that NPL is now listing _all_ of the notes from all of
>the MARC note fields on the OPAC detail page.  Once we get the code a
>little cleaner and more universal (so it works for UNIMARC or no-MARC
>libraries), we'll be committing it to CVS.   NPL is also looking into
>doing the same thing with all of the MARC subject tags, thus bypassing the
>Koha tables to pull information directly from the MARC tables.

Also note that in 2.2, the OPAC as well as the librarian interface will
have 3 view for a given biblio :
* "simple" (=the OPAC view in 2.0)
* MARC (= complete view)
* ISBD. The ISBD format is still on the way. There are several rules in
ISBD that are not easy to code (more complex when you need something
that works with UNIMARC, MARC21, and any MARC flavour). However, the
ISBD display will be a systempref parameter & builded from the MARC
tables (=complete record)

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN