[Koha] dewey class and subclass etc

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Thu Aug 5 07:20:00 NZST 2004

Eric, Koha puts biblioitems.classification, biblioitems.dewey, and
biblioitems.subclass together to form the "class" value displayed on
search screens.  So for instance, if you had an item with the call number:

REF
781.23
Brown

The classsification would be "REF", the dewey (which must be a number)
would be "781.23" and the subclass would be "Brown".  And search screens
would return a "class" of "REF 781.23 Brown".

Edit the data by editing the MARC tags/subfields that you have mapped to
biblioitems.classification, biblioitems.dewey, and biblioitems.subclass.

Stephen

Eric G. Salayon said:
> can anyone explain how should i fill up information in adding a new item?
> like the Dewey, Dewey sub class what is this? When we tried, we keyed in
> '005' and '133' accordingly but when c searched for the said book what we
> saw on the Dewey info was 5.133, why? what does the 'Number' indicate?
> another is the grouping, what is this for? i havent seen a entry for the
> said grouping..
> How can u edit the data that you entered? im confused while finding a way
> to do this. and also after searching for items, does the system display
> the call card no, author no etc? pls help!

Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA
www.skemotah.com  --  shedges at skemotah.com