[Koha] Some questions on Koha and MARC

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Tue Aug 3 01:58:23 NZST 2004

Steven F. Baljkas said:
>> Steven, do you mean you were trying to get all 1,150 MARC tags and
>> subfields that are defined in Koha 2.0 to display?
>
> No, that wasn't what I meant, Stephen.
>
> What I had understood was that all of the tags one wanted to be able to
> use
> in Koha had to be defined in the MARC tag structure under Parameters, that
> any fields not listed there would be lost, so that they would be
> potentially
> displayable, usable behind the scenes at least.

No MARC information is _ever_ lost once it's added to Koha!  (Just because
you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.)  If you don't see a tag and
subfield you want to see, go to the "MARC subfield structure admin" page
and set the "tab" value to something other than -1 ("ignore").

There's much more info about this at
http://www.skemotah.com/Migrating_to_Koha.html#Prerequisites

Stephen

--