[Koha] cant add items, resolved!, how can i modify koha's computation of fines.

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon Aug 2 12:23:37 NZST 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 08:38:38AM +0800, Eric G. Salayon said:
> it worked! thanks chris! can u help me again?! how can i modify Koha's way
> of computing fines. Our library policies states that one has to bring the
> items s/he borrowed the following day on or before 9:am. failing to do so
> will incurred fine every hour (1 peso/hr).

Hi Eric

You will need to write a script to do this, then run it as a cron job hourly.
IE each hour a script runs that checks the overdues, and adds a fine to
whoever should be getting one.

Do you have much perl experience?

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz