[Koha] connection errors through mysql.sock

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon Aug 2 12:04:25 NZST 2004

On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 07:59:00PM -0400, Jose said:
> Hi........ I still have problems conecting to the database through the mysql.sock when installing Koha.
>
> The error ponits to a rare location where the socket should be: /varl/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
>
> before today, that socket wasn't in the disk, but after trying other thnigs it apperar in its default location wich is: /tmp/mysql.sock
>
> My question is: why the koha installation claim to the socket in that dir (var/lib/mysql.sock)?
> It suppose that the socket must be in /TMP dir, and the distro installation lets the file in there by defualt.

Hi Jose

It wont be Koha looking for the socket there, its something to do with you
mysql installation that is causing it to look there.
Id check your my.cnf file
In debian this lives at /etc/mysql/my.cnf

In it there will be a line like
socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

Check what that is set to. And make sure in the
[client]
In the cnf file its the same value

I hope this helps

Chris
027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz