[Koha] cant add items

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon Aug 2 11:52:22 NZST 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 08:06:34AM +0800, Eric G. Salayon said:
> i'd successful add one item but when im trying to add another, i dont know
> how to get around it. it opens MARC BIBLIO screen and I'm forced to click
> the link ADD BIBLIO but it opens a perl script acqui.simple/addbiblio.pl.
> but the screen doesnt have the TITLE, SUBTITLE, AUTHOR to fill up, instead
> it has MARC BIBLIO title and has LIBRARY OF CONGRESS CONTROL NUMBER,
> INTERNATION STANDARD BOOK NUMBER etc.  What Im expecting to to do is to
> key in TITLE, AUTHOR and other info related to the book. help me pleasse!
> thanks

Hi Eric

What you want to do here is go to parameters/admin and then to system
preferences. Then there is a setting MARC which will be set to on.
Edit that, and set it to 0 (off).
This doesnt turn MARC off, it just hides it behind the scenes. So it allows
you to catalogue in an interface that is a little simpler.

The data is still stored in MARC format in the database, as well as in the
Koha format, but it just allows you to see a screen that says, Author title
etc like you are expecting.

Give it a whirl and let us know how you get on

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz