[Koha] Scanner advice

Rosalie Blake rosalie at library.org.nz
Tue Jul 27 09:09:56 NZST 2004

Hi David
We've used (and still use) the full range of scanners from very
cheap to very expensive. My experience is you get what you pay
for. We use expensive hands-free ones where the going is tough
(more than a thousand issues per day), and cheap hand-held ones
for occasional light use. We get good value from both.
Cheers
Rosalie

On 26 Jul 2004, at 15:35, David Williams wrote:

> Hello
>
> I apologise if this has been asked a 100 times before, but as a new
> Koha user I'm wondering if there is a preference / recommended serial
> scanner to use?
>
> I'm planning on installing Koha in 2 or 3 primary schools in which we
> have already installled & manage their Linux based network
> (workstation are win9x - server is Suse Linux).
>
> Any pointers about scanners are most appreciated.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Dave Williams.
>
> --
>
> EMail: dwilliams at computerpark.co.uk

> This private and confidential e-mail has been sent to you
> by Computer Park Ltd.
>
> If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and
> have received it in error, please notify us via the email
> address or telephone number below, and then delete it from
> your mailbox.
>
> Email: mailbox at computerpark.co.uk
>
> Tel: +44 (0) 1536 417155
> Fax: +44 (0) 1536 417566
>
> Head Office:
> Computer Park Ltd, Broughton Grange, Headlands, Kettering
> Northamptonshire NN15 6XA
>
> Registered in England: 3022961.
>
> Registered Office:
> 6 North Street, Oundle, Peterborough PE8 4AL

Rosalie Blake
Head of Libraries, Horowhenua Library Trust