[Koha] Koha and ISO2709

Steven F. Baljkas baljkas at mb.sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 21 05:09:20 NZST 2004

Tuesday, July 20, 2004     12:04 CDT

Hi again, Christian,

If what you are looking at is the Koha database (available on the Koha
website), then I think when you look at the MARC structure under Parameters,
you are seeing a very sketchy MARC setup indeed.

I think that all you need to do about this is define the tags from 001 to
008 (there is no 009 and it would NOT be a good idea to use that number for
anything local). These are numeric control fields, so this are no subfields
to code.

Also: note the message from Stephen Hedges this past week; it gave a nice
list of what one needs to configure with Koha.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,
Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large