[Koha] installing issues

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Jul 10 23:29:27 NZST 2004

On 2004-07-09 20:15:10 +0100 zero at vtr.net wrote:

> MJ, yes it works adding  -h localhost :
>
> [root at cm-vina8-190-111 bin]# ./mysql -u root -h localhost -pxxxx
[...]
> did work so what now?!!

So I'm more confused, as I think that's the command form used by the
installer. You can see the actual command forms in Install.pm. Does it
work if you just say -p and put the password in a my.cnf? (beware: put
good security on the file)

"Before we try to work out if he's competent,
  let's work out if he's conscious." (anon. exam marker)