[Koha] Choral and Handbell Music

David Everly deckrider at myrealbox.com
Tue Jun 29 03:51:48 NZST 2004

Steven,

Thank you for responding.  I'm now taking some time to look at the
information you provided.  Meanwhile, here are some answers to your
questions:

> How large is your congregation's collection?

About 1,500 titles, 20 copies of each.

> in dealing with setting up her church's new (and intended to be
> small) congregational library, a full MARC system wasn't even considered.

Is there any possible future penalty to be paid for not using MARC?
Can we simply enable MARC later from the intranet screen, or will some
MySQL conversion process be required if we change our minds?

> If you are automating from scratch that poses a different set of
> questions than if you are automating from a collection indexed or
> catalogued in some manner. Do you have a card or book catalogue?

The best we currently have is a spreadsheet listing of our handbell
music (300 or so titles).  I think the remainder is not catalogued, or
catalogued on paper only.

Thanks again,
Dave.
--