[Koha] Re: [Koha-devel] suggestion module

nicolas morin nicolas.morin at univ-angers.fr
Wed Jun 23 23:57:44 NZST 2004

Paul POULAIN wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The "Ecole des Mines de Nantes" funds a suggestion module. It will be
> in 2.2
> You can read on the wiki
> (http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/koha_wiki/index.php?page=SuggestionFeatures)
> the planned features.
> Please report any suggestion to improve this suggestion module.

There might be a point for replacing "A suggestion can be done by any
user. The user who requested the book is stored in the DB." with:
" A suggestion can be done by any registered and logged in user"
It excludes persons who use the opac as guest users and request a
document without having logged in: it might be better if we know who
requested the document; we might then be able to put it aside for
him/her when it's available, etc. Or the library might have a public
policy about purchase requests: they are only accepted from members of
the community, etc...
But maybe it's too restrictive, I don't know.

About the fields:

    * a title
    * an author
    * a copyright date
    * an editor

The list seems short to me. We might propose a longer list (isbn,
whatever), allow the user to ignore a field he don't know, expect
author/title.

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Morin