[Koha] Re: -lssl library under Net::z3950

Ben Hall ben.hall at ffa.int
Mon Jun 7 09:52:50 NZST 2004

On 05/06/04 15:58 -0700, mike re-v wrote:
> I'm getting an error trying to build the makefile on
> net::z3950 sys can't can not find -lssl
> this is on a debian woody min install using jferraro's
> instruction manual
> kernel is 2.4
> any ideas?
> thanks
> re-v

I experienced a similiar problem recently too.  If apt-get install
libssl-dev doesn't help you then you'll need to build openssl from
source.  You can download the openssl source from
http://www.openssl.org/source.  The version to download is usually
highlighted in red.

After that I can only guess as to what the commands might be to
install the source.  Use the commands below as a guide and checkout
the INSTALL and README files in the openssl tarball.

cd /usr/local
tar xzf /home/ben/downloads/openssl-????.tar.gz
cd openssl-????
./configure
make
make install

Now try and rebuild Net::Z3950.  I hope that goes someway to helping
you out.

--
Ben Hall
Information Officer